I don’t think John and I have stopped moving since our last update!
Door to door, I logged over 2000 miles traveling from Indiana to Florida and back again. John logged more miles than I care to count commuting between Indiana and Illinois for work—not to mention several out of state work trips. We rounded out our month with a trip together, stopping in Houston and Dallas.
Most of our time traveling was spent around the table with friends, family, and friends we consider family. We had many opportunities to share our Hellenic Ministries story and invite people to partner with us in God’s work. This season has been exciting (and exhausting), but it is quickly coming to an end.
In fact, we are officially entering the home stretch!
With that in mind, John and I want to highlight what the home stretch looks like as well as a few crucial prayer requests:
1. This Sunday, August 26 we will be at Springbrook Community Church in Plainfield, IL!
This is our last Sunday at Springbrook before heading to Colorado for training. We hope to worship with our home church one additional time in October before heading to Greece. That date is still to be determined.
2. Barring complications, our visa appointment is
September 4 at 1pm. We are asking everyone to join us in prayer for our visa process. Specifically, we are asking God to grant us favor with the consulate officers (Nehemiah 2). We are also asking God to give us the wisdom regarding how to answer the interviewer’s questions (Matthew 10:16-19; James 1:5).
3. On September 7, John will retire from his 20 year career with Altec, Inc. We are so grateful for Altec and can’t thank God enough for the time John spent growing as a leader with this company. Pray for John as he transitions out of corporate America and into full-time mission work. This has always been his heart’s desire, however that does not make the transition easy.
4. September 10–October 6 we will be at Mission Training International in Palmer Lake, Colorado. We will receive specialized training in culture and language acquisition. Pray this is a time of refreshment and growth.
5. October 7–October 28-ish will be a time of wrapping up loose ends, packing, and saying goodbye to family, friends, and supporters. Begin praying over this time. We will send specific requests toward the end of September.
As a final note, our support base continues to grow! We are so grateful! Approximately 62% of our monthly support has been pledged. We are trusting God to continue providing and revealing who He has called to partner with us financially.
Would you join us in this prayer? It is our heart’s desire to leave 100% funded so we can focus 100% on ministry.
With Love and Great Joy,
John & Amy Patton
*Where mentioned names have been changed to honor each person’s story. Photos have been blurred intentionally. Photos are the sole property of John and Amy Patton and cannot be saved or used for any purpose without our permission.